Offline English Language Dictionary FREE
* Works completely offline! No internet connection needed!Perfect for your studies!
* Thesaurus with over 290,000 straightforward definitions.
* Advanced search system:
– Search inside definitions and examples
– Search using different criteria: word start, exact match or anysubstring
* Listen to the definitions using American or British accent withAndroid’s built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Read definitions with two font sizes. Optimized for both phonesand tablets!
* Saves your phone’s data. The app installs itself automatically inthe SD card if possible.
* Improve your vocabulary! The ideal lexicon to find AmericanEnglish synonyms/antonyms, word etymology, verbs, and more.
This app is supported by ads. If you like the application,please consider upgrading to the ad-free version to support thedevelopment. Thanks 🙂
Q: How can I share a definition?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will bepresented with a menu with all available sharing in the dictioneryoptions based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS,etc)
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu –> Settings and select the language.Currently, 2 English accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in somedevices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu-> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speechsettings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTSengine. An internet connection may be required. We recommendinstalling it before travelling as roaming data tariffs may be veryexpensive.
This dictionary is based on:
– Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), a public domainresource.
– WordNet®, a lexical reference system whose design is inspired bycurrent psycholinguistic theories of human lexical memory. Englishnouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are organized into synonymsets, each representing one underlying lexical concept.
Copyright© 2017 DownloadAPK